Wednesday 26 September 2012

Lunch, Legacy and Le Havre



Tuesday morning was awesome. This may or may not be related to the fact that I spent all but an hour of it asleep. At 11.30, I went to the lycée as my prof had arranged for me to have lunch with some students. It was nice to talk to some people around my age and the lunch was pretty nice too – bonus!

After lunch, I took the two buses to my other lycée. One of the lucky things about the first lycée is that they didn’t haven’t had an assistant before which takes the pressure off a bit. The second one, on the other hand, had an assistant who seems to have set quite the precedent to follow. Hopefully they’ll like what I do just as much.

I met the headteacher of the school who has only been in place a few weeks herself. In France, the longest that a head can stay at a school is 5 years so they change quite often. Although the head was the person I spoke to for the longest, it was another case of meeting a heck of a lot of people in a short time – hopefully I’ll remember at least some of their names! The teacher overseeing my timetable and my work at this school is also very nice. He’s incredibly enthusiastic and has an encyclopaedic knowledge of the history of Le Havre, Normandy and seemingly France in general, something proved by an incredibly detailed car tour of Le Havre and the surrounding area. He also has a set of autographed Amélie Nothomb books which I’m sure some of my lecturers would love to get their hands on.

All in all, another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment